Facial hair is never welcome when it comes to women as it causes discomfort and low self-esteem to them. That is why most women seek for the best facial hair remover – may it be medical procedures, cream, or traditional methods. Some offer permanent solution, while others are just temporary. Depending on your preference and budget, we have gathered all the possible methods for you in this article.
Below is a detailed list of facial hair remover methods including choosing guide and other information that you need to know.
Temporary Facial Hair Remover Methods
1. Shaving – Most women opt for shaving because it is cheaper, easy, fast and painless. However, shaving leaves thick stubbles or thicker regrown hair that would only suit a man’s face. It would be better if women use this method only for removing unwanted hair on the body. Besides, razors are a little harsh on facial skin so if you want to maintain the smoothness of your face, better if you opt for other methods instead.
2. Plucking – Plucking is another easy way of removing facial hair. One good thing about plucking is that you always have the access to it as long as you have a good quality tweezer at hand. The only downside of plucking or tweezing is that it can be time-consuming and painful, especially if you are doing it for the first time.
One good alternative if you do not always have the time to pluck is to use an epilator. This device works just like tweezers, but with faster speed as it is operated electronically. Typically, an advanced epilator have up to 70 tweezers that work altogether for faster removal of facial hair. Although some epilators can give you pain during the hair removal process. Do not worry because there are epilators that have pain-reducing features that removes hair in a gentle manner.
3. Threading – This method has been widely used since the ancient years. And just by the use of a thread, it provides fast and efficient hair removal. It is usually done by skilled individuals at salons, although you can also do it at home. Threading is commonly used to shape eyebrows perfectly and nowadays, it is also used to remove facial hair. It can be a little bit painful, but it is really effective in achieving a hair-free face for up to 6 weeks.
Threading is also cheap – it can even be for free if you are going to do it at home. However, if you do not know someone who can do this for you, chances are, you have to go to salons to have it done by a professional.
4. Waxing – Waxing is a good option if you want your face to be smoother and hair-free for longer periods of time. This method is done with the use of melted resin-based wax that aims to remove the hair completely that can last for up to 8 weeks. Waxing services are widely offered at most salons at this age. But there are also home-waxing kits available for you to be able to do it home.
However, there are also bad points to waxing. It is more painful and more expensive as compared to other methods listed above. But if you feel that you can tolerate the pain and you have a tight schedule, it can be a good alternative for you since it can be done in just few minutes.
5. Hair Removal Creams – Hair removal creams offer pain-free and easy way to get rid of your facial hair. All hair-removal creams have active ingredients that aid in melting the hair shaft while damaging hair follicles to remove the hair. This can be done by simply applying the cream on the skin and leaving it on for three to five minutes. One good thing about these creams is that when the hair grows back, it will be thinner, lighter, and easier to remove. You just have to remember that using hair removal creams is not the best option as they can only make you hair-free for just a few days.
Permanent Facial Hair Remover Solutions
1. Laser Hair Removal – This procedure is one of the best choices if you want to get rid of facial hair permanently. The laser technology offers pain-free and non-invasive hair removal solution. You just have to save around $600 for it since it is totally expensive as it is done professionally.
2. Electrolysis Hair Removal – Yet another promising hair removal method is the electrolysis hair removal that works by using electric current to damage the hair roots to prevent them from growing back again. You just have to bear in mind that it needs 15 to 30 sessions in order for you to get rid of facial hair completely. And because it requires more sessions, it is also more expensive.
3. Oral Medications or Hair Inhibitors – If none of the methods mentioned above worked for you, then probably this option will. There are several medications available in the market today, just be sure to seek the advice of your dermatologist first to ensure that you are taking safe and effective facial hair remover medicines that will slow down the growth of your facial hair.